- Kitchen Financing
- Getting Your Kitchen Started
- Cabinet Considerations
- Understanding Cabinet Construction
- How to Measure for New Kitchen Cabinets
- Choosing The Right Countertop
- Curtis Lumber Countertop Installation: What To Expect
- How to Choose a Kitchen Remodeling Contractor
- Getting Started On Your Lighting
- Kitchen Planner
- Kitchen Planning Checklist
Each of these kitchens was designed by a talented, award-winning Curtis Lumber Designer. Our Designers are available for free one-on-one consultations and will be with you every step of the way to your new kitchen!
MODERN FARMHOUSE KITCHEN
Modern Farmhouse With All The Details
This kitchen is available to experience in our kitchen showroom at our Ballston Spa store and offers a distinctly cozy, yet contemporary look and feel. The design is brimming with personal details, including a matching copper sink and matching stove hood. Gorgeous Rustic Hickory cabinets offer beautiful character and the sturdily built, unique, wood island countertop not only adds functionality but offers beauty all at once. Exposed wood beams, unexpected brick tile accents, and the pop of country barn red color from the island tie together beautifully to bring you this modern farmhouse design. Inside the cabinetry, you will find convenient accessories like an in-drawer charging station, a spice rack, and a gorgeous Walnut drawer box.
- Cabinets: Bertch Kitchen+ – Stanford Door Style – Rustic Hickory – Toffee Finish
- Countertop: Capital Stone – Marble and Granite – American Mist
- Wood Island Countertop: Blackfly Mountain Woodworks
- Backsplash: MSI Tile – Vintage Lace
- Sink and Hood: Premier Copper Products
- Hardware: Belwith/Keeler – Verge Collection
- Lighting: Hubbardton Forge – Apothecary Pendant
Traditional Small Space With A Big Impact
This kitchen has a clean, modern American traditional look and feel and proves that you don’t have to have a big space to make a HUGE impact with your kitchen! Plus, you can have all the bells and whistles too, including pop in/out outlets and switches, in cabinet storage solutions, and a fabulous wine rack. This dove white cabinetry is EverCore© by Merillat Masterpiece. There’s no wood grain on an EverCore© surface, so paint applies evenly without variation and it minimizes the cracks, crevices, mineral streaks, and wood color variations you can see on natural wood. In keeping with the traditional timeless appeal, the gray glossy inverted subway tile, coordinating Cambria quartz countertop, and spa blue hardware provides a visually appealing crisp and clean design.
- Cabinets: Montresano Door Style – EverCore© – Dove White Finish
- Countertop: Cambria Quartz – Summerhill
- Backsplash: MSI Tile – Gray Glossy Inverted Subway & Akaya Nero Interlocking Pattern
- Faucet: Moen – Arbor
- Hardware: Atlas Homewares – Spa Pull in Blue
- Outlets/Switches: Adorne – Pop In/Out
- Lighting: Sea Gull Lighting – Doyle Collection
- Undercabinet Lighting: American Lighting
Traditional Style With Sparkle & Shine
The homeowner wanted much more space to cook and entertain in her small kitchen and our designer gave her a complete re-design from the flooring all the way up to the unique and fun lighting and all the personal requisite details in-between. The result, a casually nuanced overall feel and elegant, inviting look that combines both traditional and contemporary elements. Paneled and glass cupboard doors with lighting are accented by the herringbone backsplash that has a polished sparkle incorporated into the tiles. Gleaming Cambria quartz countertops, modern stainless steel appliances and polished hardwood floors provide a crisp and clean contrast that provides visual appeal and a sparking vitality. The use of handcrafted door pulls, a smattering of polished accents and tailored upholstered seats distinguish this traditional kitchen from the next.
- Cabinets: Merillat Masterpiece – Rockwell Door Style – Maple Wood – Pebble Gray Finish+
- Countertop: Cambria Quartz – Summerhill
- Backsplash: MSI Surfaces – Ice Bevel Herringbone
- Faucet: Delta – Cassidy Artic – Stainless Steel
- Hardware: Jeffrey Alexander – Bella Collection – Satin Nickle
- Lighting: ELK – Illusion Pendants
- Flooring: Happy Floors – Antalya
Craftsman-Style With Inviting Charm
This Craftsman-style kitchen is rustic and inviting in a warm and down-to-earth way. Fine craftsmanship is shown in the natural hickory cabinetry from Wellborn Cabinet. The abundance of various hues and grains of the hickory cabinets are set off beautifully by the stone look backsplash tile and Cambria quartz countertops, giving a rustically appealing look and feel which are the cornerstone of every Craftsman style kitchen. Glass cabinet door fronts, an angled display cabinet, island built-in end shelving, sink bump out and custom hutch were added to show off treasured finds.
- Cabinets: Cortland Door Style – Natural Hickory Wood
- Countertop: Cambria Quartz – Windermere
- Backsplash: Vestal Tile – May Brown and MSI Surfaces – Highland Park Artisan Taupe
- Grout: Mapei – Driftwood and Truffle
- Sink: Elkay – Lustertone Stainless Steel
- Faucet: Moen – Arbor and Sip Beverage
- Hardware: Amerock – Ashby Cup, Kane Knob, Kane Pull
- Switches/Outlets: LeGrand Adorne – Magnesium & Bronze
- Lighting: Sea Gull Lighting – Kea Collection
- Flooring: Coretec Plus XL – Watford Pine
Transitional Style With Natural Lighting
This kitchen encompasses the best of both worlds by bringing together traditional and contemporary design concepts. Clean and minimal inset cabinetry in designer white and gorgeous hickory cabinets and stove hood in a Salem finish are at the heart of this transitional style kitchen. Hardware in honey bronze color ties the white perimeter cabinets in with the hickory island with flashes of gold tones in the lighting creating inviting harmony throughout. Plenty of storage is available and the dishwasher and refrigerator are hidden with cabinet fronts giving this kitchen elegance and sophistication.
- Cabinets: Hampstead Door Style With Bead On Face Frame – Designer White and Clear Glass
- Island Cabinets: Hampstead Door Style – Hickory Wood – Salem Finish
- Hardware: Top Knobs – Allendale Kob, Channing Pull, Ascendra Pull, Transcend Latch – Honey Bronze Finish
Transitional Improved Layout, Style And Efficient Storage
We were able to give the homeowners exactly what they desired in their dream kitchen remodel; a transitional style kitchen that matched their personal style with an improved layout and more efficient storage. This kitchen offers all the inviting comfort of a traditional space but also shows off the beautifully clean and simple minimalist design elements found in a contemporary kitchen. The midnight finish on the island pairs seamlessly with the blue honeycomb background while the detailed pattern in the quartz countertop balances the look of this kitchen in perfect harmony.
- Cabinets: Merillat Classic – Knoxville Door Style – Dove White Finish
- Island Cabinets: Merillat Classic – Knoxville Door Style – Midnight Finish
- Countertop: Cambria Quartz – Sutherland
- Hardware: Atlas – Elizabeth Pulls in Brushed Nickle
This kitchen brings a coastal feel right within the comfort of home. The cool shades of blue in the subway tile are paired with the blue pad seating to create a kitchen that is relaxing, inspiring and fun. The lighter color of the flooring brings a beach feel and the crisp white cabinets and pendant lightings offers a casual yet elegant resort-like vibe to make you feel like you are on vacation every day within your own kitchen. The custom tray ceiling provides a nice pop of natural wood to match the flooring and adds architectural style to the entire kitchen. Plenty of organizational cabinet accessories can be found within including a k-cup organizer, utensil pull-out, cutlery tray, tiered drawers and more.
- Cabinets: Merillat Masterpiece – Turner Door Style – Dove White Finish
- Countertop: Cambria Quartz – Montgomery and Winterbourne
- Pantry Door: Custom Door by REEB Millwork
- Floor: Happy Floors – Reserve – Saddle
Farmhouse Style With A Modern Twist
A mix of farmhouse style cabinetry, natural walnut wood island with gorgeous character and granite countertops gives this kitchen an inviting and cozy feel. The large 4 light pendant lights over the island give a modern farmhouse twist to the aesthetics of the space. Floating shelves under the windows provide plenty of space for small plants and other little treasures to be enjoyed and placed on display. The choice of large door knobs and pulls accentuate the cabinetry beautifully and the matching hood over the stove really tie in the visual appeal of this beautiful kitchen.
- Cabinets: Crystal Keyline – Country French Square Doors – Paint Grade Material – Bisque Color With Matte Top Coat Finish
- Island Cabinets: Crystal Keyline – Country French Square Doors – Natural Walnut – Flat Sheen Finish
Contemporary Sleek and Polished Design