Your local Curtis Lumber is the ideal place to go for custom garage door installation. Many of our stores provide installation service for the garage doors and openers we sell. We have hundreds of garage door styles, windows, and insulating options available! We will work with you to find the right door for your style.
Professional Garage Door Installation is available via the following Curtis Lumber locations only:
Ballston Spa • Delmar • East Greenbush • Fort Plain • Granville • Hoosick • Perth • Queensbury • Schroon Lake • Schuylerville • Warrensburg
Fill out our online form below or call 1-877-318-9042 to schedule your site inspection.
Standard Professional Installation Includes:
- -Take down of old door
- -Installation of new door
- -Installation of complete weatherstrip on top, sides, and bottom
- -1 year warranty on labor, manufacturer’s warranty on parts
- -Keyed Lock installation
- -Disposal and haul away of old door
- -Installation, disposal, and haul away of old door opener
- -Alternate and Keypad entry options
*Professional Garage Door Installation is an extra cost and is not included in the price of your new garage door.
Installation-What to Expect
Here’s what to expect:
1. Verify your local Curtis Lumber offers garage door installation services.
2. Speak with a salesperson to learn more about our garage doors and get help in making a selection. You can receive a rough price quote right on the spot, once you’ve decided on the perfect door. Don’t forget to talk about the special options available to make the garage door your own.
3. A Curtis Installation specialist will call you to set up an appointment to come to your home and inspect the job site. If you would like any changes or to make any additions, you can speak to the specialist at that time.
4. Within a few days, you will receive a formal price quote in the mail and your salesperson will call you to address any questions or concerns you may have.
5. When you decide to place your order, you will need to stop by the store to fill out a Capital Improvement form for sales tax purposes. Because the installation qualifies as a capital improvement, the installation will be exempt from sales tax. At this time a full deposit must also be placed on the order. Our installers do NOT collect any money.
6. Curtis will then order your door. Once the door arrives, you will be contacted to set up installation.
7. The Curtis Installation specialist will arrive at your home and will take down your old door, install your new door, and install new weatherstripping.
8. Once installation is to your satisfaction, you will be asked to sign a job completion form. Enjoy your new garage door!
We may send you a survey after installation, please take the time to complete it so we can understand how well we did at meeting your needs and expectations. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.